Media Consumption

My Media Consumption

1)
  • Which daily newspapers (if any) do you read?
 I don't really read newspapers but when I do, I read the Guardian as it is the one that is sold in my local shop.


  • What sections of newspapers do you turn to first, and why?
 The first and second section as they have the most important news.


  • What sections do you never read, and why?
The sections that have adverts as they usually don't have anything to do with the news.


  • What kinds of stories do you usually read and why?
I don't have a preference in what stories I read, I just read whatever news I see.

  • Do you, or someone else, buy the newspaper you read?
My sister buys the newspapers.

  • Do you look at the online versions of any newspapers? Which newspapers? Why do you visit their website and not others?
I read the Guardian online and sometimes the Daily Mail. I visit their website to read news, I don't have a preference over the website that I visit for the news.


2)
  • What magazines (if any) do you buy regularly?  Why
I don't read magazines so I don't buy it.

  • What sections of the magazines do you read and not read, and why?
I don't read magazines so I don't read any sections.

3)
  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend watching television?
I don't watch that much TV so I would say less than 1 hour a week.

  • What times of day do you usually watch television?
The afternoon when I come back from school or the morning before I go to school.
     
  • What programmes do you like best and why?
Television series as they are more intriguing.

  • Do you watch alone or with others? If you watch with others, who decides what you will watch?
I watch it alone.

  • Do you watch 'live' TV or on-demand/catch-up? Do you use any other devices to watch TV (such as laptop or tablet?)
No, I don't watch 'live' TV or on-demand/catch up. I watch TV mostly on my laptop or phone.

4)
  • Do you listen to the radio?
No I don't listen to the radio.

5)
  • What films have you seen in the cinema in the last month?
The movie IT.

  • What films have you seen in other places – for example, through Netflix, Amazon Prime, satellite/cable film channels (free or otherwise) or streaming?
I watch most films through Netflix.

  • What devices do you typically use to watch films: TV, laptop, tablet, phone etc.?
The device I usually use to watch films is phone and sometimes laptop.

6) 

  • How often do you access the internet?
Frequently.

  • Where do you access the internet?  At home, at college or school, or at work?
At home.

7)
  • How can you develop the amount and variety of media you consume?
By using the internet more.

  • What will you change in your media consumption habits this year as a result of studying A Level Media?
Watch more media such as films as they can help me get a good grasp on the subject.

  • List three sources of media (websites/newspapers/apps/TV programmes etc.) that you will start to access this year that you haven't engaged with previously.
Radio, Newspaper and Magazine




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mise en Scene analysis

Daily Mail case study

News Story 3